zaterdag 12 maart 2016

2nd round breeding

Last week all eggs were inspected from my 5 pairs of Holles. The result was disappointing, only 4 good eggs from 10. On my loft the first round is always disappointing. I think this is becuase the males are too eager, after the first round they seem to be a little calmer, what helps to improve the number of feritile eggs. I spoke about this last week with Gerrit, he confirmed my observations.
The 4 good eggs, from 3 different pairs, are all placed with feeders, the hens of the breeding pairs have been in the youngbird section for a few days, to stretch the wings and enjoy a bit of sunshine, ready to start second round. Same pairs, in 2 weeks we know what the results are from the second round.


Pair nr 2 ready for the next round


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten